Celebration Update as of February 20, 2016
We hope you are getting excited about our Celebration retreat at the end of April! The committee has been working hard to make it an enjoyable experience for everyone. Although our available registration spots filled quickly last August and September, we have recently had some people withdraw due to health reasons or schedule conflicts. So we wanted to let you know that there is space available if you weren't able to register in time, or maybe something in your schedule has changed that will allow you to come. We would love to have you! Likewise, if you have a friend you think would be interested, member or not, please encourage them to come. We have 10 spots available and they will be filled first come, first served. Though final payments are due by March 1, we are willing to extend that deadline for anyone who registers by the end of February. So that you can make an informed decision, below is a list of the classes that have spaces available.
If you have any questions, please contact Heather Zavagnin or Susan Price at Celebration@vcq.org. For more detailed information on these classes, see the brochure below.
- Lucille Amos: 101, Mini Stars – 1 space; 201, Indian Summer – 1 space
- June Colburn: 202, Print & Paint – 2 spaces
- Susan Emory: 104, Equal Rights — 1 space; 204, Over Under Table Runner — 7 spaces
- Rayna Gillman: 105, Strips & Squares — 1 space; 205, Fearless Color — 2 spaces
- Diane Kirkhart: 106, Beginning Applique — 8 spaces; 206, Advance Applique — 4 spaces
- Cheryl See: 107, Jewel Box — 8 spaces; 207, Hexie Daisy — 3 spaces
- Victoria Wolfe: 108, 15 Minutes of Play — 6 spaces
- Come Quilt with Me: 109 Friday — 6 spaces; 209 Saturday — 5 spaces
Your Celebration Committee
Click on the appropriate location to see a Google map and directions to Smith Mountain Lake 4-H Center from:
Thanks to Heather Zavagnin, Susan Price and their committee for taking on the responsibility to manage
the 2016 Celebration weekend. The committee includes David Banks, Judy Beigbeder, Betty Blessin, Joan Clemons, Paula Golden, Kathy McCrea, Joan McGowan, Marty Moon and Robin Speck.
Celebration...every two years, the years ending with even numbers
(2008, 2010, 2012, 2016, 2016), our state-wide quilting organization, Virginia
Consortium of Quilters (VCQ), has a grand weekend of quilting, eating, and just
plain fun! Workshops are available with teachers from across the country. Or,
you can choose to sew on your own in the 'Come Quilt with Me' room. The
workshops are wonderful, the food is wonderful, and the friendships you make and
re-establish each time, are priceless.